Quick and simple-to-administer is how Journal of Hand Therapy has described this dexterity test. Small and portable, it involves turning pegs over as quickly as possible using the non-injured hand, followed by a timed test of each hand. The ÒTime OnlyÓ score quantifies the speed and the "Time plus Penalty" score quantifies the quality of the performance. Includes a Functional Level Score Sheet based on hand dominance and normal speed performing activities using a three-jaw chuck prehension pattern. Hardwood pegboard measures 8" (21cm) square with a locking cover. Each of the 16 wooden pegs is 7/8" x 1-5/8" (22mm x 4.1cm).
Features & Highlights
- Tests dynamic in-hand manipulation using 3 jaw chuck prehension rather than static grip or grasp-release patterns examined by other dexterity test.
- Designed to easily evaluate dexterity in children (ages 3-17 years) and adults (ages 20-69 years).
- Test involves turning 16 pegs over as quickly as possible in a sequential manner.
- Takes less than two minutes to administer, accommodating both a child's attention span and a busy clinic setting.
- Hardwood board measures 8" (21cm) square, and has a locking cover. The wooden pegs measure 9/10" (2.2cm) in diameter and 1-6/10" (4.0cm) in length.
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Sammons Preston, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Flint Rehabilitation Devices
mpn: FRD-FMHS, ean: 0608766133026,
About The Product Improve the Strength and Dexterity in Your Hands, Arms and Lower Body FitMi is exercise therapy tool for the home that helps to improve mobility and strength in the hands, arms, core, and legs after a neurologic injury. It contains...